Friday, August 19, 2011

Update On Growing Wedding Flowers


I mentioned in an earlier post that we were planning on using homegrown flowers for at least some of the wedding decorating. We planted the seeds about a month or so ago, and we're hoping that (at least some of them) will end up blooming within a little more than a month when we have the wedding ceremony. And that we'll manage to save a bit on flower costs, with an eclectic mix of blossoming plants to boot.

I don't know if someone should necessarily plan on planting all the flowers for a backyard wedding (or any wedding, for that matter) unless they really know what they're doing and have a lot of experience with making flowers grow. I've been known to have a bit of a black thumb myself, although I've managed to improve it somewhat over the past couple of years. Not to mention the fact that the end of September isn't exactly known for it's display of brilliantly blooming flora (at least not in our neck of the woods). In our case, if the flowers grow, that's great; if they don't, well, I'm sure we'll still have plenty of options for making the wedding just about as floral as we want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment