Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fun Wedding Cupcakes: Beach-Themed Shower Treats

While searching the internet for wedding-y things, I came across these adorable beach-themed wedding shower cupcakes. We've been trying to figure out the best way to make and decorate our own cupcakes for my sister's wedding, so we definitely have cupcakes on the brain.

The cupcakes pictured are by user clevercupcakes on Flickr. Unfortunately, the bakery is a little far away to provide cupcakes for the wedding that I'm helping to plan, being in Montreal and all - a little more than a hop, skip and a jump from Maryland. But if you're in the vicinity it definitely looks like it would be a cool place to check out.

After our recent experiments with trying to make cupcakes look fancy, I have a great appreciation for all the work that went into these. I hope we'll be able to discover some sort of a frosting recipe that will be able to hold that kind of a shape, although I don't think we're going to go so far as to try and create decorations out of fondant or modeling chocolate or whatever it is that went into those too-cute sunglasses and palm trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment